Windows 95 & W2000 Native Domain

Daniel

Oct 30, 2008, 5:03:01 AM10/30/08
Hi everybody,

I've got a windows 95 station in my network. It's in a group and it shares a
folder with no restrictions.
When I connect from a domain station and a domain user account, I can
connect to the W95 station via \\ip (\\192.168.1.10). But if I connect to the
same W95 station via \\netbiosname (\\machine), I get an error message:

\\machine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have access permissions.
The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

I don't know why with the NetBIOS name it doesn't let me to connect but with
the ip there is no problem.

This problema happens only with users domain in a domain station. If I do it
with a local user of a domain station, I have no problem to connect there
with the name or with the ip.

Somebody knows which can be the problem?