connecting a windows95 oscilloscope to windowsxp PC with ethernet

fred

Jan 16, 2009, 4:53:01 PM1/16/09
I tried to connect a windows XP pc to an oscilloscpe having a windows 95
system. I assigned IP address and connected both devices with an ethernet
cable.
When I ping the scope from my pc, the connexion is fine. However, when I
ping the pc from the scope, I do not have answer.
Moreover, in the workgroup, I can not the see the computers (I see onlyu my
pc from my pc, and the scope from the scope).
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
best,
fred

Patrik Hugentobler

Mar 2, 2009, 10:31:05 AM3/2/09
Hello Fred

Perhaps the firewall on the Windows XP PC blocks the ping

Patrik

"fred" <fr...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag