FREE: Change Case -- change filename case and timestamp automatically

Hai Li

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
Change Case v3.0 for Windows 95/98/NT is a utility used to change
filename, directory name case and timestamp automatically. It is
specially applied to transfer files between different OSes, beautify the
name of files download from the Internet and upgrade to Windows 95/98/NT
from MS-DOS. It provides four choices: upper case, lower case, capital
case and word capital case. It can search & rename files in subfolders.
Supports Explorer drag & drop, command line and Windows Explorer context
menu.

In 1997, I used CuteFTP, a well-known FTP client tool, to upload files
from my Windows 95 system to a UNIX server. The UNIX server is case-
sensitive, so I spent a lot of time to change upper case of Windows 95
filenames to lower case. Finally, I decide to write a program instead of
manual change. I released this program soon, because I think this utility
will be useful for some people. Later, I received a lot of postcards from
all over the world, and they encouraged me to improve it. If you like it,
please send me a postcard and tell me why you use it and your suggestion.

What's new
-----------
Add an option to change the file timestamp.
(Suggested by Walter Berr)
Convert blanks to underscore characters and vice versa.
(Suggested by Doug Whitten and James Walters)
Add an option to word captialize after the parenthesis and
other characters. (Suggested by Nitzan E. Miron)
Add "Change Case" to the context menu when you right click
on a folder. (Suggested by Jeff Pilch)
Add an option to change the pathname or filename.
(Suggested by Brian Brener)
Fix the bug when access Driver A if there is no disk in it.
(Reported by Leif Larsson)
Support long filenames in command line.

Please visit http://www.zealsoftstudio.com/changecase/ to download it.
Hai Li mailto:ha...@public.bta.net.cn