Scandisk won't run

Bernie

Dec 19, 2000, 11:47:52 AM12/19/00
My scandisk won't run. It starts, and then restarts, and says it tried to
run 10 times, but a program is writing to disk, and stopping it. I've even
tried to run it in safe mode, and get the same thing.

I've tried Ctrl-Alt-Del and only left Explorer & Systray, but the same thing
happens.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Linda Eakins

Dec 28, 2000, 3:52:12 PM12/28/00
Bernie, did you get an answer that works? Let me know, I've had the same
problem here, and found out exactly what it was, and how to stop it from
happening again.

Rick

Bernie

Dec 28, 2000, 6:39:37 PM12/28/00
No, I haven't been able to fix it yet.

barry

Jan 7, 2001, 12:13:27 PM1/7/01
to Ber...@ple.ase
Hi All,
I had the same problem, and found it was being caused by the
screensaver kicking in.. disabled screensave, and it completed ok...
barry.

gramps

Jan 20, 2001, 10:13:28 AM1/20/01
I had this problem also. I use a program called end it all before I run scandisk. It shuts down any program lurking in the background possible write to your disk. Works for me