Printing the file list in Explorer

Flak

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
How do you get a print out of the files in an open Explorer pane?
Ofcourse this can be easily done through DOS, but we would like to see
how possible this is from explorer.

Flak

E.P. van Westendorp

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
to fl...@gte.net
Maybe you could use PC-Magazine's TreePrint
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/solutions/0,8224,2337358,00.html

--

Eric P. van Westendorp Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22 2215NN Voorhout Netherlands

David Candy

Nov 6, 2000, 3:03:39 PM11/6/00
Print a Directory Listing
This registry file will add an item to the context menu for file directories
to print or list all files or directories in a directory.

To add a command to the context menu to print a directory listing.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Print\Command]
@="command.com /c dir \"%1\"> Prn

To add a command to the context menu to print a directory listing to a file
on the desktop.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\List\Command]
@="command.com /c dir \"%1\"> c:\\windows\\desktop\\Dirlist.txt"

A single > replaces the file while a double > adds to the file. The format
of the listing will be determined by the dircmd environment setting or add
switches after the dir in the command line.

Type Dir /? in a MS-Dos Prompt window to see the options. Use Set in either
config.sys or autoexec.bat to set the default options,ie,

Set DIRCMD=/a /v /l /4

If using the DIRCMD environmental variable prefix it with a hyphen to turn
off. The next reg file prints only directories and sub directories without
the verbose (/v) settings.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Print Tree\Command]
@="command.com /c dir /-v /a:d /s \"%1\"> Prn

--
_____________________
David Candy

David Lowndes

Nov 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/7/00

>How do you get a print out of the files in an open Explorer pane?
>Ofcourse this can be easily done through DOS, but we would like to see
>how possible this is from explorer.

Flak,

Have a look at ExpPrint www.jddesign.co.uk

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Flak

Nov 9, 2000, 11:34:45 PM11/9/00
When I use the method, I get a 'Device not ready or found: Abort, Retry,
Fail? prompt. Not good. It seems I don't have a printer recoginized to
my system. I use anetwork printer, but can't seem to find it on the
network. I apprecaite this suggestion though. Thanks,

Tony