EMM386:Unrecoverable privileged operation eror #01

Tom Lauwereins

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

When I start a DOS-application to connect to our Mainframe (AFT) I
receive the message:
EMM386: unrecoverable privileged operation error #01. press ENTER to
reboot.

Has anybody a solution to my problem?

Tom Lauwereins
Orda-B Efficiënte Informatica Service
Interleuvenlaan 27
3001 Heverlee
Belgium
Tel.: +32/16/39.02.75
Fax.: +32/16/40.03.21
e-mail:tom.lau...@ordab.com

Mark Stephenson

Dec 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/19/96

From halfway around the world, I have the same problem. I am trying to
install a stand-alone LANtastic server, but I am not even getting to the
point of running the LANtastic. I get the exact same error whenever I run
EMM386. The computer seems to run fine if I don't run the EMM386.

I have an AMD K5-PR100 CPU on a Triton VX motherboard running DOS 6.22.
There are 16MB RAM, and a Western Digital 2.1GB Hard Drive. I've tried a
mono/printer port card and a VGA card. I've swapped out the network card
and the motherboard.

Do you see any similarities in the systems?

Does anyone have any solutions?

--
Mark Stephenson
LAN Connect

Tom Lauwereins <tom.lau...@ordab.com> wrote in article
<32AC65...@ordab.com>...

Bill Starbuck

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

Have you gone through the NETWORKS.WRI file? It has a bunch of stuff
about Lantastic. In particular, note that you may have to add
X=something
to the EMM386 line of Config.sys.

In the KnowledgeBase, you may find it useful to look at documents
Q74851 and Q84339.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)

"Microsoft MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals) provide technical
answers and expertise in the newsgroups. The Microsoft MVPs
come from a wide range of backgrounds and professions, with a
willingness to give their time, expertise, and advice to enhance
the technical skills of other customers within the newsgroups."

Tim Glen

Dec 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/21/96
to ma...@starlink.com

I wrote:

I have had problems with some VX mbs where loading the WFW EMM386.exe
hung the box while loading the novell nic driver. Changing to
DOS 6.22 EMM386.EXE fixed it incredibly.

They never cease to amaze me. Sorry for probably giving you no help.

me

Mark Stephenson

Dec 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/25/96

To anyone who might read this thread...

My problem ended up being the Natas virus. Among other things, it infected
EMM386.EXE. Once I cleaned the virus from the hard drive, it worked fine.
So, don't wait six hours (like I did) to run the virus checking software!

Mark

wolfgang...@intosite.de

May 21, 2014, 5:35:30 AM5/21/14
Am Freitag, 20. Dezember 1996 09:00:00 UTC+1 schrieb Bill Starbuck:
Hi Bill,
Thank you a lot, this really helped a lot today.
Wolf