Google Skupine ne podpirajo več novih objav ali naročnin v storitvi Usenet. Zgodovinsko vsebino si je še vedno mogoče ogledati.

General Protection Exception: DJGPP

28 ogledov
Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Pedro U. Delgado V.

neprebran,
5. mar. 2000, 03:00:005. 3. 00
do
I've downloaded and installed the compiler for C/C++ programs for DOS
(DJGPP) and when i try to run a program appears an error message saying
in Details "General Proteccion Exception" and suggest me to close all
programs and re-initializate the computer. I don't know how to fix this
problem, if someone can give me the solution or tell me if there is
another compiler that i can download for dos i'll appreciate too much
because i need it for an school project.
Thank you!!

Stephan Grossklass [ Großklaß ]

neprebran,
6. mar. 2000, 03:00:006. 3. 00
do
Pedro U. Delgado V. schrieb:

Did you try running DJGPP under plain DOS (MS-DOS mode)?

HTH,
Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)
eMail: mailto:jgros...@t-online.de

Jerry Lippey/MVP

neprebran,
6. mar. 2000, 03:00:006. 3. 00
do
Stephan's right, Pedro. You can get a gpf only when Windows is running.
--
-Jerry

"Pedro U. Delgado V." wrote:

> I've downloaded and installed the compiler for C/C++ programs for DOS
> (DJGPP) and when i try to run a program appears an error message saying
> in Details "General Proteccion Exception" and suggest me to close all
> programs and re-initializate the computer. I don't know how to fix this
> problem, if someone can give me the solution or tell me if there is
> another compiler that i can download for dos i'll appreciate too much
> because i need it for an school project.

> Thank you!!

Pedro U. Delgado V.

neprebran,
6. mar. 2000, 03:00:006. 3. 00
do
Thanks both, I've tried to run DJGPP in MS-DOS in plain text mode, and now
I've received the next:

Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
Page fault at eip=00008365, error=0006
eax=00000000 ebx=00000005 eix=000fe41edx=0008ff04 esi=00000000
edi=0000000a ebp=0008fe80 esp=0008fe08 program=D:\LIST.EXE
... (I don´t know if all the subsecuent numbers are necesary for this).

I hope you can help me.

Paul Chitescu

neprebran,
6. mar. 2000, 03:00:006. 3. 00
do
Pedro U. Delgado V. wrote:

> Thanks both, I've tried to run DJGPP in MS-DOS in plain text mode, and now
> I've received the next:
>
> Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
> Page fault at eip=00008365, error=0006
> eax=00000000 ebx=00000005 eix=000fe41edx=0008ff04 esi=00000000
> edi=0000000a ebp=0008fe80 esp=0008fe08 program=D:\LIST.EXE
> ... (I don´t know if all the subsecuent numbers are necesary for this).
>
> I hope you can help me.

SIGSEGV = SIGnal SEGmentation Violation. This is the *NIX name for GPF.

This error is generated by a software conflict or a memory error.

Try to avoid loading any memory manager (like EMM386) from CONFIG.SYS.
You may try to perform a clean boot (do not process CONFIG.SYS and
AUTOEXEC.BAT) to pinpoint the problem.

--
Paul Chitescu
pchi...@pchitescu.myip.org