Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

dos share version 5 needed

442 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

MSmit

nepřečteno,
26. 4. 1999 3:00:0026.04.99
komu:
Hi ,
I'm looking for share.exe from dos version 5.0,
can any one please help me.
Just received an old 386 system, with
winword, but this needs share..

thanx in advance...

m.s...@Iname.com is where you can send the file to,

Maurice Smit

http://zap.to/gpvdbollenstreek
http://members.xoom.com/mrpspec/home.html
http://come.to/m.smit@work

Jerry Lippey/MVP

nepřečteno,
26. 4. 1999 3:00:0026.04.99
komu:
Use Vshare.386 instead, Maurice. It's much better.

Download WW1000.EXE from this web page. Run it to decompress it.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/dp858.asp
("Updated VSHARE.386 for Windows")
--
-Jerry

Mark D. Stotzer [MS MVP]

nepřečteno,
26. 4. 1999 3:00:0026.04.99
komu:
Vshare wont' help this person. Older versions of Word expect Share.exe to
be loded in autoexec.bat.
See MS technote Q161619 at:
http://www.support.microsoft.com/support/search/

Jerry Lippey/MVP <JLi...@csi.com> wrote in message

Jerry Lippey/MVP

nepřečteno,
26. 4. 1999 3:00:0026.04.99
komu:
I wonder why you say that, Mark. The article you cite,

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/6/19.asp
("Share.exe Is Not Supported in Windows 95 OSR2 or Windows 98")

has to do with the fact that Windows 95b/c and Windows 98 do not support file
sharing and locking in DOS, i.e., without the GUI running.

But Maurice is running MS Word for Windows (Winword) on 16-bit Windows.
Vshare.386 should work just fine so long as Windows is running. See Q112025
pasted below
--
-Jerry

--------------------8<------------------- <snip> ---------------------

Knowledge Base
Title: WW1000: Updated VSHARE.386 for Windows/Windows for Workgroups
Document Number: Q112025 Publ Date: 28-JUL-1995
Product Name: Microsoft Windows 3.x Retail Product
Product Version: 3.10 3.11
Operating System: WINDOWS

- Microsoft Windows operating system versions 3.1, 3.11
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups versions 3.1, 3.11

Microsoft has an Application Note titled "Updated VSHARE.386 for Windows
and Windows for Workgroups" (WW1000). The WW1000 disk included with this
Application Note contains VSHARE.386 version 3.11.0.402. This version of
VSHARE.386 is compatible with Microsoft Windows version 3.1 and Windows for
Workgroups versions 3.1 and 3.11. You can obtain this Application Note from
the following sources:

- CompuServe, GEnie, and Microsoft Partner Network (MSPN)
- Microsoft Download Service (MSDL)
- The Internet (Microsoft anonymous ftp server)
- Microsoft Product Support Services

For complete information, see the "To Obtain This Application Note" section
at the end of this article.

THE TEXT OF WW1000
==================

Microsoft(R) Product Support Services Application Note (Text File)
WW1000: UPDATED VSHARE.386 FOR WINDOWS(R) AND WINDOWS FOR WORKGROUPS
Revision Date: 3/95
1 Disk Included

The following information applies to Microsoft Windows and Windows for
Workgroups, versions 3.1 and 3.11.

| INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT AND ANY SOFTWARE THAT MAY |
| ACCOMPANY THIS DOCUMENT (collectively referred to as an Application |
| Note) IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER |
| EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED |
| WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR |
| PURPOSE. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and |
| the use of this Application Note. This Application Note may be |
| copied and distributed subject to the following conditions: 1) All |
| text must be copied without modification and all pages must be |
| included; 2) If software is included, all files on the disk(s) |
| must be copied without modification (the MS-DOS(R) utility |
| diskcopy is appropriate for this purpose); 3) All components of |
| this Application Note must be distributed together; and 4) This |
| Application Note may not be distributed for profit. |
| |
| Copyright (C) 1995 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. |
| Microsoft, MS-DOS, and Windows are registered trademarks of |
| Microsoft Corporation. |

INTRODUCTION
------------

The WW1000 disk included with this Application Note contains
VSHARE.386 version 3.11.0.402. This version of VSHARE.386 is
compatible with Microsoft Windows version 3.1 and Windows for
Workgroups versions 3.1 and 3.11.

NOTE: Microsoft Office versions 4.2 and 4.3 install version
3.11.0.401 of VSHARE.386.

The version of VSHARE.386 included with this Application Note differs
from the version included with Windows for Workgroups 3.11 (version
3.11.0.300) in the following ways:

- The version of VSHARE.386 included with this Application Note
supports Windows version 3.1.

- The version of VSHARE.386 included with this Application Note
corrects a problem than can cause Windows for Workgroups 3.11 to
stop responding (hang) when you start your computer.

USING VSHARE.386
----------------

If you are using applications that support OLE 2.0, you must run
either SHARE.EXE or VSHARE.386. VSHARE.386 eliminates the need to run
SHARE.EXE when you run Windows 3.1 or Windows for Workgroups in 386
enhanced mode. If you run Windows 3.1 in standard mode, you must run
SHARE.EXE. If you run applications that are not compatible with
SHARE.EXE and you are running Windows 3.1 in 386 enhanced mode, the
applications may work with VSHARE.386 instead of SHARE.EXE.

INSTALLING THE UPDATED VSHARE.386 FILE
--------------------------------------

To install VSHARE.386 version 3.11.0.402, follow these steps:

1. Quit Windows.

2. If you received a disk with this Application Note, insert the disk
in the appropriate floppy disk drive.

If you downloaded this Application Note from an online service,
skip to step 3. This procedure assumes that you have already
downloaded and extracted the compressed file.

3. At the MS-DOS command prompt, type the following command and
then press ENTER

copy <source>:\vshare.386 <location>

where <source> is either the letter of your floppy disk drive or
the directory containing the file you downloaded from online
services, and <location> is the path to your Windows\SYSTEM
subdirectory. For example, if you are installing from a floppy disk
that you inserted in drive A, and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM is the path to
your Windows\SYSTEM subdirectory, type:

copy a:\vshare.386 c:\windows\system

Or, for example, if you downloaded the WW1000.EXE file from online
services to C:\DOWNLOAD and C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM is the path to your
Windows\SYSTEM subdirectory, type:

copy c:\download\vshare.386 c:\windows\system

4. Use any text editor (such as MS-DOS Editor) to edit the
AUTOEXEC.BAT file. Remove the SHARE.EXE command from the
AUTOEXEC.BAT file and then save and close the file.

5. Edit the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI file to add the
following line:

device=vshare.386

6. Save and then close the SYSTEM.INI file.

7. Restart your computer.

TO OBTAIN THIS APPLICATION NOTE
===============================

- On CompuServe, GEnie, and MSPN, Application Notes
are located in the Microsoft Software Library. You can find
WW1000 in the Software Library by searching on the word WW1000,
the Q number of this article, or S14590. WW1000 is a compressed,
self-extracting file. After you download WW1000, run it to
extract the file(s) it contains.

- Application Notes are available by modem from the Microsoft
Download Service (MSDL), which you can reach by calling (206)
936-6735. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The highest download speed available is 14,400 bits per second
(bps). For more information about using the MSDL, call (800)
936-4200 and follow the prompts. To obtain WW1000, download
WW1000.EXE. WW1000.EXE is a compressed, self-extracting file. After
you download WW1000.EXE, run it to extract the file(s) it contains.

- On the Internet, Application Notes are located on the Microsoft
anonymous ftp server, which you can reach by typing "ftp
ftp.microsoft.com" (without the quotation marks) at the ">" command
prompt.

- If you are unable to access the source(s) listed above, you can
have this Application Note mailed to you by calling Microsoft
Product Support Services Monday through Friday, 6:00 A.M. to 6:00
P.M. Pacific time at (206) 637-7098. If you are outside the
United States, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To
locate your subsidiary, call Microsoft International Sales Information
Center at (206) 936-8661.

KBCategory: kbother kbfile kbappnote
KBSubcategory:
Additional reference words: appnote wfw wfwg 3.10 appnote word6

COPYRIGHT Microsoft Corporation, 1995.

--------------------8<------------------- <snip> ---------------------

MSmit

nepřečteno,
29. 4. 1999 3:00:0029.04.99
komu:
Well this person tried the new vshare,
and had several hangups while starting
up the system.
Yes config.sys did not respond..

So if you 've got another option please help me !!

Jerry Lippey/MVP <JLi...@csi.com> wrote in message

Jerry Lippey/MVP

nepřečteno,
29. 4. 1999 3:00:0029.04.99