Zerosky freaked homepage.

Euclides Zoto

Jul 2, 2015, 7:47:02 PM7/2/15
Was looking for his webpage but it looks like it is gone. He had some
nice Win 3.1 and NT 3.51 stuff on it. Wondering if anyone knows what
happened to it. There are still some good Win 3.1 pages out there
though so still happy about that.

EZoto

Euclides Zoto

Jul 5, 2015, 10:55:08 PM7/5/15
Found it. It is still alive! Thank goodness.

EZoto

Wildman

Jul 6, 2015, 12:27:09 AM7/6/15
Would you mind sharing the link? My bookmark for their Comcast
page is dead.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!

Euclides Zoto

Jul 6, 2015, 8:23:14 PM7/6/15

>snip

Oops. Sorry about that.

http://zerosky.oldos.org/win3x.html

Many links and downloads still work. Here is another link I remember you
were interested in.

http://windowsnetworking.com/i_helmig/wfw311ni.htm

Hope that helps.

EZoto

Euclides Zoto

Jul 6, 2015, 8:25:52 PM7/6/15

Euclides Zoto

Jul 6, 2015, 8:29:36 PM7/6/15
I posted the links but the networking links are not connecting to the
server. If you go to zeroskys page and click the link there for WFW
networking then it works. I don't know why it doesn't work here.

EZoto

Wildman

Jul 7, 2015, 11:54:47 AM7/7/15
One of them days huh? :-) Thank you very much.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
There's no place like ~/.

sctvguy1

Jul 8, 2015, 6:02:43 PM7/8/15
You haven't given up on OS/2, have you?

Euclides Zoto

Jul 8, 2015, 8:00:53 PM7/8/15
NEVER!!! As a matter of fact I use OS/2 warp 4 with the WarpUp fixpack Volume
2 Issue IV. Need it to make sure my installation diskettes see larger hard
drives. To bad Indelible Blue doesn't exist anymore. But I have all the
necessary disks and I use OS/2 Windows. Using Win 3.1 as an application makes
it that much more fun. I'm using it on a Dell Poweredge 2100 server. 512 meg
ram Pentium Pro 200mhz with a Matrox Millenium 2 card with the accelerator
card. that is 8 meg with a soundblaster isa card. A 3com isa etherlink III
to connect to the internet. Just want to keep it simple but using it in its
native enviroment. My only beef is I wish Netscape was a little more friendly
on the internet. Using PMnews for my newsreader as netscape gets a little
buggy. I still visit OS/2 world and read up but not as often as I like. OS/2
warp will always be there............and OS/2 warp 3 as well.

EZoto

Euclides Zoto

Jul 8, 2015, 8:22:18 PM7/8/15
The only reason I don't have it on my 8595 is that I have WinNT 3.51 on it. I
know it sounds weird but it runs better on the 8595 while OS/2 warp 4 runs better
on the Dell. Why?..........I don't know. You would think it would be the other
way around.

EZoto

sctvguy1

Jul 9, 2015, 7:20:03 PM7/9/15
Keep the faith alive! Man, I need to get back to OS/2 Warp Connect
myself, Blue Spine edition. I have a lot of the WarpUP disks, plus the
Stardock accessory disk, giving all the neat things to OS/2. Plus,
tons of software that I picked up from friends.

Euclides Zoto

Jul 9, 2015, 9:11:04 PM7/9/15
Hold on to it. I saved a lot of machines. Pentium pro in particular because they
were very well made and I saved lots of dos and win31 programs, games, etc etc. Once
they are gone they will be gone. Thank goodness there are still lots of people out
there who like to hold on to this generation and ebay still sells dos and win31
software. There are also still old computers on ebay as well. The only drawback to
pentium pro is it isn't MMX. However you don't really need it in Dos and Win31.
Pentium Pro 200mhz with 64 meg ram running on MS-Dos 6.22. I like to keep it in its
purest enviroment. In "my" opinion the best graphics card for both Dos and Win31 is
the Matrox Millenium II with 4 meg ram and the accelarator card with another 4 meg
ram. I still have fun with it to this day.

EZoto

EZoto

Jul 11, 2015, 10:27:58 AM7/11/15
On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 23:20:02 UTC, sctvguy1 <sctv...@invalid.net>
wrote:
I figured I would post in OS/2 warp 4 using Pronews2 in reply. OS/2
warp was a friendly OS. Loved the way it handled and the graphics for
its time was top notch. I still use it occasionally and it is still
fun to use.

sctvguy1

Jul 12, 2015, 8:28:19 AM7/12/15
On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:50:01 -0700, Euclides Zoto wrote:

> Hold on to it. I saved a lot of machines. Pentium pro in particular
> because they were very well made and I saved lots of dos and win31
> programs, games, etc etc. Once they are gone they will be gone. Thank
> goodness there are still lots of people out there who like to hold on to
> this generation and ebay still sells dos and win31 software. There are
> also still old computers on ebay as well. The only drawback to pentium
> pro is it isn't MMX. However you don't really need it in Dos and Win31.
> Pentium Pro 200mhz with 64 meg ram running on MS-Dos 6.22. I like to
> keep it in its purest enviroment. In "my" opinion the best graphics
> card for both Dos and Win31 is the Matrox Millenium II with 4 meg ram
> and the accelarator card with another 4 meg ram. I still have fun with
> it to this day.
>
> EZoto

I always ran Matrox video cards with OS/2. However, I preferred PC-DOS
7.0, keeping everything IBM! I still have my PC-DOS 6.1 disks so that I
can "upgrade" my PC-DOS 7 when I have to install something.

Euclides Zoto

Jul 12, 2015, 10:34:20 AM7/12/15
I have PC-Dos 7.0 2000. Thats what you have I'm sure. I wish they had
updated them a little more but it is what it is. It doesn't affect it much.

EZoto

sctvguy1

Jul 15, 2015, 11:35:43 AM7/15/15
On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 08:13:18 -0700, Euclides Zoto wrote:

>> I always ran Matrox video cards with OS/2. However, I preferred PC-DOS
>> 7.0, keeping everything IBM! I still have my PC-DOS 6.1 disks so that
>> I can "upgrade" my PC-DOS 7 when I have to install something.
>
> I have PC-Dos 7.0 2000. Thats what you have I'm sure. I wish they had
> updated them a little more but it is what it is. It doesn't affect it
> much.
>
> EZoto

It still runs Win3.11 apps better than MS-DOS 6.2! Also, Ramsetup
optimizes the ram in PC-DOS 7 better.