A VISTA reporting its version is 5.1

TheOne

Jan 30, 2008, 3:09:17 AM1/30/08
I'm writing an application which should work on both vista and xp. So,
I'm checking the version with GetVersionEx API function in cpp.

* On one vista test machine, the api function reports its version is
5.1,
* while its system property info says its Windows Vista Business K
(Korean).
* When I use my ide to debug the app in that machine, it reports
correct version 6.0.
* Some modified version of the app had worked OK.
* When the erronous app binary can be copied to another vista machine,
it worked OK.

How could this happen? Any idea?

--
Daewon

Sam of California

Jan 30, 2008, 4:14:36 AM1/30/08
Is there a compatibility setting somewhere that is affecting your program?

I apologize if my guess is not relevant.

"TheOne" <daewo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

TheOne

Jan 30, 2008, 8:40:16 PM1/30/08
On 1월30일, 오후6시14분, "Sam of California"

<sam...@social.rr.com_change_social_to_socal> wrote:
> Is there a compatibility setting somewhere that is affecting your program?
>
> I apologize if my guess is not relevant.

I'm not sure. I don't remember I changed the settings of the
application. I check the compatiblity tab in the property diag, before
execution, negative. Is there any global settings to affect the
behavior of specific application in vista?

I can be missing very basic of vista, for I'm not using vista for my
work but for test purpose only.

Thanks
--
Daewon