no MSNdis_80211* objects exist

rand.c...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 2:44:38 PM11/24/15
On my Windows 8.1 Dell laptop, with a wireless card, there are no instances of any of the WMI MSNdis_80211 classes. This has been confirmed programatically from c# and using WMI tools (wbemtest, powershell, wmi explorer). What do I need to do to create such objects? Does this mean that my wireless card does not provide the proper WMI provider? That the driver does not support WMI queries? Or what? Who is responsible for populating these objects? On another forum one responder said it was probably an issue for Dell support. Do you concur?

Thank you.

Petr Laznovsky

Nov 27, 2015, 4:47:18 AM11/27/15
Dne 24.11.2015 v 20:44 rand.c...@gmail.com napsal(a):
> On my Windows 8.1 Dell laptop, with a wireless card, there are no instances of any of the WMI MSNdis_80211 classes. This has been confirmed programatically from c# and using WMI tools (wbemtest, powershell, wmi explorer). What do I need to do to create such objects? Does this mean that my wireless card does not provide the proper WMI provider? That the driver does not support WMI queries? Or what? Who is responsible for populating these objects? On another forum one responder said it was probably an issue for Dell support. Do you concur?
>
> Thank you.

Microsoft support for 802.11 is poor. In windows 7 (have no experiance with newer versions), there
is unfinished version of hostmode (soft AP). Dealing with this some time a go, there is additional
INtel SW package (for intel WLAN cards) which enable WMI for such card. IMHO it very depend on
drivers support.

L.

BTW: You can add this utility to your list
http://glsft.free.fr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=28