python wmi remote registry

Luis Gonzalez

Jul 18, 2023, 4:25:03 AM7/18/23
I try to read a key in the registry of a remote machine.
First, I tried with

---------------------------
import winreg
place = winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
reg = winreg.ConnectRegistry(r'\\10.37.71.19', place)
---------------------------

But it appears the error: "Path not found".

Then I tried with:

---------------------------
import wmi
import _winreg
c = wmi.WMI(namespace="default").StdRegProv
result, value = c.GetStringValue (
hDefKey=_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
sSubKeyName="SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\MRxDAV",
sValueName="ImagePath"
)

Other error: ModuleNotFoundError _winreg.

I used winreg instead _winreg, but other error appears: "types do not match".

How can I read the remote registry of a Machine in the same windows domain than mine ???????