Get IP address from cable disconnected adapter

Petr Laznovsky

Apr 6, 2012, 3:01:54 PM4/6/12
I am trying to get IP addresses assigned to ehternet adapter with
curretly unplugged cable, but I have no luck.

Using property IPAddress of Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration class work
fine if cable is connected, but return empty field if cable is disconnected.

Is there any other way to get IP address from unplugged card?

L.

DavePerry

Apr 17, 2012, 8:06:29 AM4/17/12
Hi Petr,

Did you get anywhere with this? I have exactly the same problem, and
am hunting for a solution.

Cheers,

David

DavePerry

Apr 17, 2012, 8:23:35 AM4/17/12
Whenever the network cable is unplugged, in Win Control PAnel ->
Windows Network Adapter IPv4 properties, you can still see the static
IP settings, even Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration will return blank
values.... so the data has to be somewhere....

dschmi...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2014, 2:04:08 PM1/27/14
Any luck with this? I'm having this issue on Windows 7 and have been unable to solve it thus far.

gmas...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2014, 10:09:28 AM7/28/14
I would check following registry:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<GUID>

where GUID is:
- GUID from Win32_NetworkAdapter,
- or SettingsID from Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration

For static IP check the IPAddress value
For automatic IP check the DhcpIPAddress value