OW menus in dialog box issue

Harry Potter

Jun 18, 2013, 10:23:40 AM6/18/13
I am a mere beginner in Win32 programming and, as of yet, only managed to create dialog box-based utilities. One of my programs seems to allocate space in the dialog box for a menu but not a menu itself. I don't want a menu or space allocated for such. Worse yet, pushing the controls down to make room for the menu only covers up the buttons needed to exit from the dialog box. I am using Open Watcon 1.9. Any help would be appreciated.

Harry Potter

Jul 7, 2013, 1:53:34 PM7/7/13
I looked at an erroneous dialog box and compared it to a working one and found the problem: both "dialog boxes" weren't intended to be "dialog boxes" but rather a part of a tab control. As such, it should *not* contain anything but the controls. So, I disabled all of the dialog settings, and it works! Sorry for being a nuisance. :(