Batch file/registry settings to auto-compress file types?

Harry Potter

Jan 19, 2013, 6:41:27 PM1/19/13
I have some WinXP/Vista computers and, on them, some Amiga emulators. I want to be able to just right-click an ADF (Amiga disk image) file and compress to a gzipped .ADZ file. I can create a batch file to do the compression for me. I have SendTo Toys, or, if I learn the location of the settings, write to the system registry. I may use both, but for other purposes. The problems are that: 1. I don't know where the settings are or how to use them, and 2. I know that I can use the ~ modifier to parse a batch file parameter but don't know how to.