WM_KEYDOWN from an editbox? Get the key?

orrigano2k

Jan 30, 2011, 1:26:08 PM1/30/11
Hi

I am trying to get the specific key that's pressed when a editbox have
the focus or gets the focus.
I tried the WM_KEYDOWN/UP, but that isn't sent when a editbox have the
focus...

Why I am trying to get the key is because I want to display the key
(VK_) in the editbox even if its mouse key, alt, ctrl and so on.

I Googled for some help but couldn't find anything more than setting
up a hook(?) and use low level keyhook(?), but that's probably to
complicated for me so I ask here, is there a easier / better way to do
this?

dot

Jan 26, 2014, 1:55:48 AM1/26/14
WM_KEYDOWN/UP should be sent when key in edit, and there is another message WM_CHAR which you may be interesting.