MSComctlLib TreeView ImageList Problem loading ImageList in TreeView

david khurtsidze

Apr 9, 2020, 11:11:43 AM4/9/20

Recently Started working on MSComctlLib TreeView and ImageList

want to figure out how to use images in my TreeView, also how to set background to my TreeView object;

using C# windows application, writing addon for sap b1 which has ActiveX support.

so what I did
loaded MSComctlLib.TreeCtrl.2 object
loaded MSComctlLib.ImageListCtrl.2 object

code snippet for ImageList

var type = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("MSComctlLib.ImageListCtrl.2");
var inst = Activator.CreateInstance(type) as MSComctlLib.ImageList;

var image = Image.FromFile("Images/folder.bmp"); //tried with .png as well

then created IPictureDisp object using
Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.VB6 namespace

var imgObj = Support.ImageToIPictureDisp(image);

but when I'm trying to add imgObj to ListImages getting fatal error.

//here
inst.ListImages.Add(ref ind, ref key, imgObj);

I want to create ListImage instance to use it in my TreeView ImageList instance

looked in
http://www.virtualsplat.com/tips/visual-basic-treeview-control.asp

P.S. Is there any other alternative to ImageToIPictureDisp? because this library is already obsolete and working only on 32bit processes

david khurtsidze

Apr 9, 2020, 12:55:53 PM4/9/20
error is
Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
at MSComctlLib.IImages.Add(Object& Index, Object& Key, Object& Picture)