Win32 fancy console-line tool behavior

Harry Potter

Aug 1, 2013, 1:44:08 PM8/1/13
I have Open Watcom 1.9 and Digital Mars C and am wondering how to do some console tricks such as relocate the cursor and change the color of text from a WinNT command-line application. I also want to know if Win32 API functions such as CreateFileEx() are by default available.

David Lowndes

Aug 12, 2013, 3:50:40 AM8/12/13

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682087(v=vs.85).aspx

> I also want to know if Win32 API functions such as CreateFileEx() are by default available.

Yes, non-GUI Win32 APIs can still be used.

Dave

Harry Potter

Aug 12, 2013, 11:22:40 AM8/12/13
Thank you! That should be useful. :)