Application Verifier fails to start

Razvan Mocanu

Aug 18, 2015, 8:45:47 AM8/18/15
Hello all,

I am trying to start Application Verifier gui by doubleclicking appverif.exe in c:\Windows\System32, but all it does is flash a command prompt window, then exits. I have tried installing Application Verifier from different sources (from the Mictrosoft webpage for Application verifier, from Windows 7 SDK, Windows 8.1 SDK and Windows 10 SDK) but neither seem to work.

Also I have been unable to see what appverif.exe flashes in the command prompt before it exits; I cannot find a way to dump the output of appverif.exe to file or console.

Can anyone tell me if there are pre-requirements to running it, like a last supported .Net version or something.

Regards,

Razvan Mocanu