receive caller-id via visual basic

David Becker

Oct 18, 2002, 4:56:29 AM10/18/02
hello,
i have to write a vb-application that receives incoming caller-ids and sends
them to a database.
can anyone explain me how to do that? (i'm a newbe in vb...)
do I need an ocx to do that or can i use the tapi32.dll?

thanks,

david

Phone Bazooka

Oct 18, 2002, 10:24:24 AM10/18/02
David,

You can do it with TAPI. Here's a rough overview;

lineInitialize()
lineOpen(AUTOMATEDVOICE)
wait for OFFERING event
wait for CALLINFO, CALLERID (caller id info is sent in between first and
second ring, so you need to wait till the second RINGING event)
lineGetCallInfo and you can pull out CallerID information

Regards,
Wa...@PhoneBazooka.com - www.PhoneBazooka.com

"David Becker" <bec...@nospam.glamus.de> wrote in message

John Littlefield

Oct 18, 2002, 10:59:41 AM10/18/02
You may want to check out some sample VB code that is posted at
http://www.shrinkwrapvb.com. It has some sample vb ver. 5 or 6 code for TAPI
2.1. There is also another site http://www.voiceangel.com which has an
activex control you can use. There seems to be a script error on the
website, if you have trouble with the download link on the web page try this
link to download. http://www.voiceangel.com/download/tapi_src.zip

Jim

Oct 22, 2002, 11:31:26 PM10/22/02
Check out TeleTools, reasonably priced OCX that provides a little easier
interface - complete with sample VB code so you should be able to get up and
running in about 15 minutes. Downloadable and available to try before you
by.

Works with well with Dialogic cards, as well as IPPBX TSPs.
I don't recall the web site, I found it with a search.
Jim

othm...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2016, 7:22:17 AM3/20/16
ihave IP office500 and TAP3 ineed CallerID VBcode
Can help me