0x80040154 Class not registered

Optimus_p

Sep 1, 2012, 1:56:19 AM9/1/12
Hi ther,

CoCreateInstance returns class not registered (0x80040154). When I
googled I found out that if there is 32-64 bit mismatch then this can
happen. But this is not the case for me. Actually I have made some
changes to the existing function in my com server and have sent the
COM dll to client. It gives 0x80040154 when I call CoCreateInstance
using servers class id. If my client switches to the previous version
of the COM server, it works fine. Client has also tried re registering
the server.

I have sent this dll via mail, are there any chances of the new COM
dll getting corrupted? I don't know because i had sent 2-3 COM dll,
rest of the COM dll works fine,

What can be other possible reasons for this to happen?

Dhanyawaad(Thanks)