Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

ActiveX mscomm32 within Excel2003 VBA

17 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

tomcee

ongelezen,
1 mrt 2010, 11:15:1701-03-2010
aan
Hello:

I am experiencing intermittent behaviour with the mscomm32 control
within Excel2003 VBA.

I had registered the control, used it in my code for several days.
[mscomm32.ocx 103744 6-24-98]

About a week later, I had attempted to use the code again, and I get
the error message:

,"Can't exit design mode because control MSCOMM1 can not be
created'.

So now I no longer can access the serial ports!!!

I've tried re-registering the control, both through Excel and from
the
Run prompt.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

I've unregistered and reregisted the control to no avail.

When I try to start a new sheet with this control (after registering
it, of course). I get a 'Cannot insert object error message'.

Has the registry gotten 'messed-up'?
Must I re-install Excel?
What is the correct version of mscomm32 to use with Excel2003 VBA?

I would appreciate any assistance that someone can provide!

Thanks,
TomC

tomcee

ongelezen,