LoadLibrary ... failed. The specified module could not be found

ADX Dev

Jun 15, 2004, 2:14:01 PM6/15/04
I'm getting this error when I do: regsvr32 ADXDHTMLControl.dll
LoadLibrary ("ADXDHTMLControl.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found

ADXDHTMLControl.dll is my dll built using ATL with WebBrowser Control on Visual Studio 6.0.

In a different thread: "regsvr32 return 0x80040154 on XP", I was told to register ATL.dll.
I tried it and it did not work either.
On some machines running 2K or XP, I can register my dll without any problem.
In other machines running 2K or XP, it does not work. I get the above error message.

What am I missing?
Please help me get out of this DLL misery.

--
ADX Dev

Igor Tandetnik

Jun 15, 2004, 2:27:00 PM6/15/04
"ADX Dev" <d...@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message

> I'm getting this error when I do: regsvr32 ADXDHTMLControl.dll
> LoadLibrary ("ADXDHTMLControl.dll") failed - The specified module
> could not be found

Check the DLL with Dependency Walker (depends.exe,
http://www.dependencywalker.com/) on the machine where registration
fails. Most likely, your DLL depends on some libraries not present on
the machine - Depends will tell you which.
--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

ADX Dev

Jun 15, 2004, 3:29:01 PM6/15/04
I tried it.
It indeed said that the following DLLs are missing:
MFC42D.dll
MFC042D.dll
MSSVCRTD.dll

These are debug dlls. Now I need to figure out how come in release mode building the DLL on Visual Studio 6.0 is picking up these dlls.
--
ADX Dev

ADX Dev

Jun 15, 2004, 4:11:01 PM6/15/04
Got it!
Turn-off/Disable bunch of debug settings in release mode.
The DLL is now happy.
--
ADX Dev

ddda...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2012, 2:49:24 AM7/30/12
Hi,
Would you be able to explain exactly what you mean by "Disable bunch of debug settings in release mode" - what settings need to be disabled?
Thanks.

emma...@bluchip.co.za

Jan 30, 2013, 1:28:31 AM1/30/13