Is there a way to create a network bridge via programming?

vfclists

Mar 25, 2010, 10:11:15 AM3/25/10
Is there a way to create a network bridge via programming, I mean from
the command line, or from manipulation the registry rather from the
API?

vfclists

Mar 25, 2010, 10:37:03 AM3/25/10

I am not too fussy, when it comes to it I am willing to go the API way?

vasanth

Mar 26, 2010, 1:32:01 AM3/26/10

Use "netsh bridge" commands

"vfclists" wrote:

> .

vfclists

Mar 26, 2010, 9:25:46 AM3/26/10
On Mar 26, 5:32 am, vasanth <vasa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Use "netsh bridge" commands
>
> "vfclists" wrote:
> > On Mar 25, 2:11 pm,vfclists<vfcli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > > Is there a way to create a network bridge via programming, I mean from
> > > the command line, or from manipulation the registry rather from the
> > > API?
>
> > I am not too fussy, when it comes to it I am willing to go the API way?
> > .

The netsh bridge command does not allow you to create the bridge
itself. It only allow configuration of the bridge after its has been
manually configured in the Network Connections panel.

Is there an API substitue for the manual way?

Vishal Swarnkar

Mar 31, 2010, 1:37:14 PM3/31/10

I know thrz a utility on linux "brctl", dont knw abt Win32. Probably
OpenVPN can solve your problem.

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/miscellaneous/76-ethernet-bridging.html

dec al

Mar 20, 2012, 11:19:53 AM3/20/12