Problem using WindowFromPoint in 64bit

Oren

Feb 12, 2009, 10:16:00 AM2/12/09
Hello,

We are trying to use WindowFromPoint API function in Vista 64bit and it
simply does not work well: it always return the desktop handle (or if there
is some window maximized in the background - it will return its handle, no
matter if there are other windows on top of it).
The same functions works fine in 32 bit.
Have not tested it in XP 6bit.

We tried to define the POINT struct it uses both as Long and Integer.

I could not find any documentation to this problem anywhere.

any help will be appreciated.

Oren

Tahir Saleem

Jul 26, 2011, 7:18:16 AM7/26/11
Hi Oren,

I want to ask you about something u worked on couple of years back...so excuse me..for bringing out those frustrating memories.

I am trying to use WindowFromPoint on a 64bit platform (windows7 64bit, Vs2010 app 64bit process).
I tried using both version of WindowFromPoint API.

1.private static extern IntPtr WindowFromPoint(POINT Point)

2.private static extern IntPtr WindowFromPoint(int x, int y)

The first one is failing on both 32/64 process with the lastError as 1400(invalid window handle).

The second api is working under 32bit process but fails for 64bit process.
Did u had any success last time you were working on it.. if so ..it would be very grateful of you to share it.

regards,

Tahir