Displaying contacts in address book

celerone...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2007, 12:00:16 AM4/28/07
We are building a MAPI store provider for Outlook 2007 to display our
specific business contact information inside Outlook. We are able to
display information through the MAPI store. However, we came across an
address book related issue and are not able to display our contacts
correctly in Outlook Address Book. After spending significant time, we
were still not able to solve it. I am wonder if you can provide some
help or point us a right direction.

We did the following things:

Implemented a MAPI store provider including store, folder and message
object.
Implemented hierarchy and content table
The message class has the IPC.Contact type.
Implemented key address related fields including:
IID 0x8028,
IID 0x8029,
IID 0x8080 - Email1DisplayName,
IID 0x8082 - Email address type,
IID 0x8083 - Email1Address,
IID 0x8084 - EMail1DisplayName,
IID 0x8085 - Email1 EntryID
And PR_SUBJECT and PR_NORMALIZED_SUBJECT.

Currently, we can see our folder shown up in the Address Book. After
open, there are contact rows. However, the email field is empty and
display name is wrong.
Our contacts can be copied to Outlook Contact folder and correctly
displayed in Address Book window.

We compared all message properties between our contact message and
Outlook contact message, it seems we have everything. I am wondering
we must miss some implementation to support address book
functionality.

Thank you!