Admin Out of Office Access

merd...@yahoo.com

Oct 25, 2007, 12:36:48 PM10/25/07
I have a simple vbscript that I have embedded into an ASP file that I
can use to set the Out of Office Message. This works really well when
a user is trying to change their own OOF message. I am trying to make
the script run as a service account so that I can have help desk
personnel set the OOF for users without having to delegate additional
admin access.

I tried setting identity impersonation to a service account in the
web.config and a check reveals that the page is running as the service
account but the logon_user attribute is what the vbscript seems to be
running under. Please tell me that there is SOME way to use MAPI to
open another users mailbox using a specified account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris