FS statistics via FSCTL_FILESYSTEM_GET_STATISTICS and fsutil diffe

Friese@discussions.microsoft.com Thomas Friese

Jul 31, 2009, 11:31:01 AM7/31/09
Hi all,

I'm collecting statistical data from an NTFS file system via
FSCTL_FILESYSTEM_GET_STATISTICS. Comparing the values I get in the structures
with the values I can get using fsutil on the command-line I see a difference
in absolute values.

A first comparison of UserFileReads, UserFileReadBytes and UserDiskReads
showed that the difference before and after some operations on the FS are
identical (i.e. there seems to be only an offset between the values
programmatically accquired and the output of fsutil, the values grow by
identical values).

Can anyone explain that offset?

Regards
Thomas

acker...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2014, 12:43:25 PM2/3/14
I am also seeing this behavior, has anyone discovered the reason why?

Regards
Ryan