Why does ListView beep when selections are changed in Vista?

Henrik

Apr 8, 2007, 6:50:34 PM4/8/07
Why does ListView control beep when selections are changed in Vista?
This happens both when listview is clicked on using the mouse and also
when up/down arrows are used to move among items in the list.

Any way to prevent that beep from occurring?

I'm seeing this in all my old Win32/C++ apps + in other peoples programs
(example Citrix Program Neighborhood)

WoZeR

Apr 19, 2007, 9:09:51 AM4/19/07
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\CCSelect\.current\(Default) has a null value set. Just double click it and empty out anything in it if there is and then click ok. Sound should go away.

To duplicate the effect just insert some bad text in the field.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Campbell

Apr 22, 2007, 7:43:53 PM4/22/07
Brilliant! That was driving me mad!

key...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 8:39:07 PM4/30/07
On Apr 22, 4:43 pm, Campbell wrote:
> Brilliant! That was driving me mad!
>
> EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

I have the same problem (beeping but *only* when my laptop is UN-
docked), and I already have no values set for that reg key. I can
temporarily "fix" the problem by turning off the System Beep in Device
Manager (first have to view hidden devices, then I stop the "Beep"
device). But I think this is just turning off the system beep sound,
not really solving the issue.

Any other ideas?

Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]

May 24, 2007, 5:34:38 PM5/24/07
Open Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sounds
Click Change system sounds
Scroll down to Select in the Windows section and make sure it is set to a
sound file that exists and is playable (try the Test button).

Sorry I didn't think about that earlier, Henrik.

Paul

<key...@gmail.com> wrote in message