URGENT: Text Only Printer Driver (*PrinterType: TTY)

Jomar

May 22, 2006, 4:46:01 PM5/22/06
I need to develop a text only printer driver, for a printer that I've
developed a UNIDRV mini-driver a few months ago.

I don't need any external commands to be entered by the user (as in ttyui
sample).

I've tried to change the *PrinterType from SERIAL to TTY, o printer's .GPD
file, but when trying to print, the spooler returns a error.

Do I need to implement all rendering code as on tty sample o DDK (to filter
graphics)?

Is that any other sample or documentation available (that just shows or
explain the thing I need to do) ?

Does UNIDRV architecture supports text only drivers ?

Ashwin [MS]

May 23, 2006, 6:42:01 PM5/23/06
What exactly do you want to do from within the tty driver? You can definitely
strip out the pieces that you don't need (like the UI) from the tty driver.
But just changing the PrinterType attribute in the GPD from SERIAL to TTY
isn't going to magically convert the driver into a tty driver.

--
- Ashwin

Jomar

Jun 8, 2006, 11:04:02 AM6/8/06
Hi Ashwin,

I've "magically" solved the problem a week ago, with less then 20 lines of
code, without using the ttyui sample code, but seen that I'm a good magician,
I cant't tell you my secrets.

Best Regards,

Jomar

anmol

Apr 7, 2012, 5:38:14 AM4/7/12
Hi Ashwin,

I am doing the same magical thing.

Request you to share, It's a do or die situation for me. I am totally stuck.

Welcome in case of any query.

Regards,

Anmol