MDX messes up WPF scrollbars?

Jake Pearson

Jun 30, 2009, 10:52:27 AM6/30/09

I have a very simple WPF user control that is mixed in with a windows forms
app. It has a list box that renders its scroll bar without the thumb (image
below). I narrowed it down to a plugin in my app that uses Managed DirectX
(MDX). If I remove the plugin, the scroll bar is just fine. I know MDX is
deprecated, but I don't think today is the day to consider an upgrade. Has
anyone come across this issue, or has any idea what I should do?

And I should add, that this control also lives in a plugin. There is no way
for the 2 plugins to reference each other.

Richard [Microsoft Direct3D MVP]

Jun 30, 2009, 11:02:17 AM6/30/09

=?Utf-8?B?SmFrZSBQZWFyc29u?= <JakeP...@discussions.microsoft.com> spake the secret code
<3E460367-50C6-4CC2...@microsoft.com> thusly:

>I have a very simple WPF user control that is mixed in with a windows forms
>app. It has a list box that renders its scroll bar without the thumb (image
>below). I narrowed it down to a plugin in my app that uses Managed DirectX
>(MDX). If I remove the plugin, the scroll bar is just fine. I know MDX is
>deprecated, but I don't think today is the day to consider an upgrade. Has
>anyone come across this issue, or has any idea what I should do?

If its causing the problem, then why not consider an upgrade?

SlimDX. Its better than MDX.

Jake Pearson

Jun 30, 2009, 11:21:04 AM6/30/09

I think either SlimDX or XNA might need to be put on the roadmap, but I'm
looking for a fix to let me limp along for a bit longer.

noemata

Sep 13, 2009, 3:19:01 PM9/13/09
Are you the poster identified as "SoA Jake" on the XNA forums ...

I'm asking because I was looking for a working version of the
XNA/WPF/D3DImage solution mentioned there.