AAC

somebody

Aug 19, 2010, 4:03:38 AM8/19/10
I'm looking for an AAC file format description. Something like RIFF for AVi
or WAV in order to write some code for reading the AAC.
Is something like that available at all??

Alessandro Angeli

Aug 30, 2010, 4:13:15 PM8/30/10
From: "somebody"

> I'm looking for an AAC file format description. Something like RIFF
> for AVi or WAV in order to write some code for reading the AAC.
> Is something like that available at all??

AAC files are usually raw elementary streams. AAC is the MPEG-2/4 audio
format and the various AAC variants are described in the MPEG-2/4
standards.

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation