Re: Simple way to create an ASF(WMA) file with multiful audio sources?

Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DigitalMedia]

Apr 29, 2005, 2:10:26 AM4/29/05
Augie at NHN wrote:

> I'm trying to create an ASF(or WMA) file with 2 or more
> sound(PCM) sources. What I want to do is, the ASF file
> should have only one sound channel which is a mixed sound
> from 2 or more sound sources.
>
> If I want to do that, do I need to add sound mixer filter
> to merge these sound sources? The problem is I cannot
> find any sound mixer filter, thus if the ASF writer can
> input several sound sources and make it into one merged
> sound, it will be so nice.

You need to mix the tracks yoursef using a third-party
component, developed by you or found somewhere, since there
is none provided by the system.

--

// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: Digital Media

Sarat Venugopal

Apr 29, 2005, 10:32:11 PM4/29/05
Augie at NHN wrote:
> Hi All,

> I'm trying to create an ASF(or WMA) file with 2 or more sound(PCM)
> sources. What I want to do is, the ASF file should have only one
> sound channel which is a mixed sound from 2 or more sound sources.

> If I want to do that, do I need to add sound mixer filter to merge
> these sound sources? The problem is I cannot find any sound mixer
> filter, thus if the ASF writer can input several sound sources and
> make it into one merged sound, it will be so nice.

The simplest way is to use DES (DS Editing Services). Mixing is supported by
default for audio tracks and you can adjust the levels using a "Volume
Envelope", if desired. Leave out the video group altogether.

HTH,
Sarat Venugopal

--
Huelix Solutions
http://www.huelix.com

> Cheers,
> Augie Kim
> sekim at nhncorp dot com

Augie at NHN

May 1, 2005, 8:21:02 PM5/1/05

"Sarat Venugopal" wrote:

> Augie at NHN wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm trying to create an ASF(or WMA) file with 2 or more sound(PCM)
> > sources. What I want to do is, the ASF file should have only one
> > sound channel which is a mixed sound from 2 or more sound sources.

> > If I want to do that, do I need to add sound mixer filter to merge
> > these sound sources? The problem is I cannot find any sound mixer
> > filter, thus if the ASF writer can input several sound sources and
> > make it into one merged sound, it will be so nice.
>
> The simplest way is to use DES (DS Editing Services). Mixing is supported by
> default for audio tracks and you can adjust the levels using a "Volume
> Envelope", if desired. Leave out the video group altogether.

Thank you for the information.
Can you explain more about DES? I don't know what actually it is.
Is it free to download?

The March Hare [MVP]

May 1, 2005, 8:28:02 PM5/1/05
On Sun, 1 May 2005 17:21:02 -0700, Augie at NHN wrote:

> Can you explain more about DES? I don't know what actually it is.
> Is it free to download?

DES == DirectShow Editing Services.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directshow/htm/introductiontodirectshoweditingservices.asp

--
Please read this before replying:
1. Dshow & posting help: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm

Augie at NHN

May 1, 2005, 9:36:10 PM5/1/05

"The March Hare [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2005 17:21:02 -0700, Augie at NHN wrote:
>

> > Can you explain more about DES? I don't know what actually it is.
> > Is it free to download?
>
> DES == DirectShow Editing Services.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directshow/htm/introductiontodirectshoweditingservices.asp

Thank you for the information.
I've just checked the page and the DirectX9 Document.
And,. Here is my new question...

I think the "TimeLine" source can be a file or the GUID of a filter. But I
am using my won sound source filters and these are not registered in the
system. I'm loading these filters by calling of
CMyFilter::CreateInstance(NULL,&hr). In this case, can I add my filters as
the sources of the "TimeLine"? I saw the method IAMTimelineObj::SetSubObject
IUnknown *newVal) is "Not supported".

Thank you for your advise.

Sarat Venugopal

May 2, 2005, 10:37:13 AM5/2/05
Augie at NHN wrote:
<snip>

> I think the "TimeLine" source can be a file or the GUID of a filter.
> But I am using my won sound source filters and these are not
> registered in the system. I'm loading these filters by calling of
> CMyFilter::CreateInstance(NULL,&hr). In this case, can I add my
> filters as the sources of the "TimeLine"? I saw the method
> IAMTimelineObj::SetSubObject IUnknown *newVal) is "Not supported".

Yes, however, you could use IAMTimelineObj::SetSubObjectGUID. You will need
to register the filters for it to work, though.

HTH,
Sarat Venugopal
www.huelix.com

alisav...@gmail.com