"Stereo Mix" @ vOsta

Nadav

Jan 12, 2008, 9:39:00 AM1/12/08

I need to capture what is rendered to the PC Speaker, On WinXP*.* I would
have programatically used the mixer*.* API to select the "Stereo Mix" as my
active input at the "Recording Control", however, on Vista things were
revised, and, the "Stereo Mix" of the "Recording Controls" cannot be selected
in the same manner:
On Vista 'waveInGetNumDevs' returns 1 where on XP 3 devices were returned,
in essence the "Recording Control" cannot be accessed, and hence, the lines
connected to the "Recording Control" ( such as the "Stereo Mix" ) cannot be
programmatically seletected.
I have succeeded to MANUALLY enable the "Stereo Mix" by "showing disabled
devices" throught the "Recording devices" pane and then by manually enabling
the "setereo mix", Unfortunetly, this, didn't cause the "Recording Control"
to be exposed to the mixer*.* API

1. I need to find a way to programmatically enable the "Stereo Mix" On vOsta
2. I don't want to use "Core Audio Engine API"
3. I don't want to use the loopback

How can I programmatically enable the "Stereo Mix" ?
How can I programmatically control the default "Recording device"?

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Nadav
http://www.sophin.com

The March Hare [MVP]

Jan 12, 2008, 10:22:46 AM1/12/08
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 06:39:00 -0800, Nadav wrote:

> I need to capture what is rendered to the PC Speaker, On WinXP*.* I would
> have programatically used the mixer*.* API to select the "Stereo Mix" as my
> active input at the "Recording Control", however, on Vista things were
> revised, and, the "Stereo Mix" of the "Recording Controls" cannot be selected
> in the same manner:

Also posted in:

microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia

Please do not multi-post.

See: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm#mp

--
Please read this before replying:
1. Dshow & posting help: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm

lvguof...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 9:42:47 PM3/11/15
在 2008年1月12日星期六 UTC+8下午10:39:00,Nadav写道:
Hi,I have also this problem. Have you finded a way to solve it?