MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND in Windows 2000 & Exchange 2003

durais...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2008, 11:16:33 AM3/3/08
to sgri...@online.microsoft.com
Hi,

I'm developing small application implementing MAPI .I face peculiar
problem in Windows 2000 m/c running Exchange 2003. My MAPI call
'MAPILogonEx' fails with MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND. My 'MAPILogonEx' call is
executed successfully without any problem in other m/c with Windows
2003 & Exchange 2003.

Here is the snip of my code calling MAPILogonEx,

-------------------------------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------------------------------------
LPMAPISESSION *lpMAPISession;

HRESULT hr = MAPILogonEx(0,
(LPTSTR)"Profile1",
NULL,//password - This parameter should ALWAYS be NULL
MAPI_USE_DEFAULT , //Allow a profile picker box to show if not
logged in
lpMAPISession);//handle of session

>8-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anything i have missed ?. Do I need any special previalges in
2000.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sri

Roady [MVP]

Mar 3, 2008, 11:25:37 AM3/3/08
This question is not related to this Outlook newsgroup. Address the
outlook.program_vba or outlook.program_addins newsgroup instead.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

<durais...@gmail.com> wrote in message

SvenC

Mar 3, 2008, 12:01:17 PM3/3/08

> in Windows 2000 m/c running Exchange 2003. My MAPI call
> 'MAPILogonEx' fails with MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND. My 'MAPILogonEx' call is
> executed successfully without any problem in other m/c with Windows
> 2003 & Exchange 2003.
>
> Here is the snip of my code calling MAPILogonEx,
>
> -------------------------------------------------------8<-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> LPMAPISESSION *lpMAPISession;
>
> HRESULT hr = MAPILogonEx(0,
> (LPTSTR)"Profile1",
> NULL,//password - This parameter should ALWAYS be NULL
> MAPI_USE_DEFAULT , //Allow a profile picker box to show if not
> logged in
> lpMAPISession);//handle of session

Does the MAPI profile Profile1 exist on the Windows 2000 machine?

--
SvenC

Dmitry Streblechenko

Mar 4, 2008, 1:45:14 PM3/4/08
Also make sure that your code runs under the identity of the Windows user
who has the specified profile (stored in HKCU on the per-user basis).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool