Printer attached to 98SE machine problem

Mike Y

Feb 8, 2008, 7:43:58 PM2/8/08
OK, something I've done recently has messed things up.

It used to be my home system had a laptop (running Win2K) and two
desktops (each with Win98SE). One of the 98SE machines has an
HP DeskJet printer attached.

Everything worked fine.

Then suddenly things got messed up.

It used to be if I printed multi-paged forms on the printer from any of my
machines they would print 1-2-3 and so on, meaning I had to reverse order
after they were printed.

Now they print in reverse order. That is they start at the end and print
back
to 3-2-1 and I can take them out in correct order. That part is actually
nice.

However, I can't print more than one print job. The second job always fails
with some kind of printer error. Sometimes it says 'could not start print
job'
and other times it gives me an error about some memory. (That only seems
to happen if I boot the machine with the printer attached and don't 'log in'
but let it sit at the user prompt)

Now, about the time this started, I changed the OTHER Win 98SE machine
over to Win2K.

To print more than one thing, I have to go reset the 98SE machine.

Otherwise, everything works. I can address envelopes, print BIG multipage
jobs, whatever. But only ONE job.

Any ideas?

Mike