Apache, MySQL, and PHP

Mike Y

Oct 19, 2007, 9:42:22 AM10/19/07
I've used XAMPP to install all the software on my laptop to try to learn
PHP, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm running Win2K Pro but I don't think it's a windows issue.

I can bring up the Xampp control panel, and if I don't start Apache and
MySQL on the control panel, using explore to try to read the help files
(which have PHP code in them) doesn't work, so I suspect that the
install is correct.

But when I create any test.php files nothing happens with the PHP code.
It's like it's not even there at all.

Oh, I did notice that when I look at the help files with PHP code in them,
the address shows as http://localhost/xampp/whatever but how do I get
my files to appear that way instead of going to something with a path like
C:\web_work\test.php ?

It's gotta be something simple that I just don't get.

Any ideas?

Mike