500 GB Hard Drive Understood by Windows 2000?

Tomi Häsä

Feb 28, 2008, 2:56:09 AM2/28/08
Are there limitations on how large USB hard drives I can safely
connect to my old Windows 2000 desktop computer? I have a tailored
computer, parts installed by SOT, MaxPoint Miditower ATX, ABIT KT7A100
KT 133A Socket A RAID, AMD K7 1400 MHz Thunderbird, 768 MB SDRAM,
Seagate Barracuda 40.8 GB IDE. When I connect my 500 GB LaCie hard
drive to my Windows 2000 computer, it takes minutes before I can
browse the contents of my hard drive and even then it's rather slow. I
have been thinking it might damage the hard drive some day if it
behaves abnormally with my Windows 2000 computer, but normally with my
Windows XP laptop.