Media Player 9

ssome

Oct 4, 2007, 5:47:15 PM10/4/07
After loading in win 2000 over win 98SE
i am no longer able to play AVI files.... why?
the file types show that this media player is associated with avi
they won't play in mplayer2 either
they did before the OS & MPlyr version change
other video format files play OK

ssome
Seattle

ssome

Oct 5, 2007, 2:55:26 PM10/5/07
Thanks, Meinholf

ssome

"ssome" <ss...@juno.com> wrote in message

Mike Y

Oct 5, 2007, 6:15:02 PM10/5/07

"ssome" <ss...@juno.com> wrote in message

When I upgraded my desktop from Win98SE to Win2KPro to match
my laptop, I was amazed at the functionality I LOST with the media
player. I had to go scrounge or try to 'copy' pieces from my laptop
over to play all I could play before.

Then the real insult was the DVD burner I bought that came with Nero6
WOULDN'T PLAY DVDs unless I bought a freakin upgrade! What
a crock!! I'll NEVER buy Nero or anything with Nero again.

My laptop came with PowerDVD and I really like that. I had to track
down an older version to install on my desktop to match it, but it was
worth the effort. The only glitch is that PowerDVD came with one of
the internal drivers that seems to drop audio every now and then. I
found a web site that discusses that and tells how to 'back step' on the
version of that driver, but I haven't got to doing it yet.

ssome

Oct 5, 2007, 10:29:37 PM10/5/07
i have sent many heated msgs back to Nero about their free lite app sent
with my ASUS CD/DVD drive. i now have a Plextor drive that supplies Roxio
s/w. standby for comments.

ssome

"Mike Y" <j...@user.com> wrote in message

Sammy bin Snoozin

Oct 8, 2007, 11:01:49 AM10/8/07
Nero sucks. I had it on my previous system and always had trouble. Too cryptic. I forgot what terms they used, but they didn't make sense and had to re-learn it every time I burned a disk.

Sammy bin Snoozin

Oct 8, 2007, 11:02:21 AM10/8/07
Roxio works well for me. Using XP home version.