? manual update win2k

JClark

Dec 11, 2008, 7:02:11 AM12/11/08
Hello Group:

I have a windows 2K pro sp2 system that will not update. Here's the
message I get:

[Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the
problem:
Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to
the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.

I can't update MS office 2003 either. Both are legitimately purchased
programs.

Is there any manual update for Win2K?

Many thanks.

Jack

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lee

Feb 19, 2009, 1:43:19 AM2/19/09
Querulous wrote:
> JClark <jcl...@nomail.invalid> wrote in news:k502k41ira0mac2vv...@4ax.com:

>> Hello Group:
>>
>> I have a windows 2K pro sp2 system that will not update. Here's the
>> message I get:
>>
>> Is there any manual update for Win2K?
>
> We are in the same boat.
>
> I also need a manual update solution for my boxes that run 2k, a lean OS that
> I prefer and plan to stick with for some time, despite the stupidity of M$
> in kicking it into the cesspit ( where good old Micro$oft Bob lives ;).
>
> I hope to find a complete 2k update CD, or similar, for the purpose, before
> it is considered entirely dead and unsupportable.
>
> I found these potential URLs, but have not yet had time to sort them out and
> do not know if 2k is even still included.
>
> --
>
> http://www.emergingtechs.com/posts/how-manually-download-and-install-windows-updates/
>
> --
>
> http://www.emergingtechs.com/posts/how-create-windows-offline-update-cd
>
> --
>
> M$ also has this, for 2k.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1131
>
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/administrators.aspx?ln=
>
> --
>
> Let me know what you figure out and what works best, if anything.
>
> Email--> seething.lunatics <AT> gmail.com
>
> Good luck!

How I updated my laptop with WIN2k is by using a program called
autopatcher 2K first as I was getting the same error then after using
that, I went to Ms update site and it worked