"Open Containing Folder" no longer works

Michel Joly de Lotbiniere

Feb 13, 2002, 2:00:49 PM2/13/02
Hello,

I hope this is the right group for this question.

Platform: Windows 2000 (SP2) w/latest security roll-up fixes.

Problem: I've just noticed that when I use any "Search For Files or
Folders" result folder, the pop-up menu entry "Open Containing Folder"
no longer does that, instead opens a new blank search form.

Obviously something over the past week or two has changed the behaviour
of this shell context item. How do I restore the default behaviour?

I've tried reregistering the rshx32.dll and docprop2.dll servers (which
are shellx items), but this hasn't changed anything.

In a search of msnews newsgroups, I did find this interesting registry
tweak:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Neighborhood\command]
@="explorer.exe /e,/select,%1"

which "when you right click on any file or folder (In explorer or the
find Window), you will see a new entry in the context menu called
"Neighborhood". When you choose neighborhood, a new two pane explorer
will open with the file or folder selected in the right pane and its
parent open in the left pane." Very nice! (Courtesy of Steve Yandl in
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23f9a48tt%24GA.253%40cppssbbsa03&output=gplain)

But does any of the Registry wizards in this group have The Real Answer(TM)?

Michel.

boatin.co...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2014, 1:39:47 PM8/24/14
Awesome, Michel! Thanks for this tweak! So easy! -Al from MI