No Sound from Flash Videos Online

Winders 2000

Oct 6, 2013, 4:43:29 PM10/6/13
Hello friends,

I wonder if anyone can steer me in the right direction for this.

I can't hear any flash videos online. MP3, etc., online are fine, and no problem with any audio files on my computer. Videos on youtube, for example, are just fine but can't hear the audio.

2nd question... This is a screen capture from Task manager just after the PC is powered on and all AVG has updated and settled in. Which of these programs could I remove? And do any look suspicious?

Thanks in advance.
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8451/v6e.gif

C Lui

Winders 2000

Oct 7, 2013, 3:39:42 AM10/7/13
"Winders 2000" <aint-n...@the-old-home-place.edu> wrote in message news:tYOdnbTCs4VOVszP...@earthlink.com...
===

Problem solved. For anyone else having this problem....

The mute button at the bottom left of the youtube windows was muted. I clicked on it and then slid the volume bar all the way to the right and the sound returned.

I searched quite a bit and lots of "solutions" like uninstall/reinstall, make changes to the registry, etc. I learned long ago (school of hard knocks) that a lot of these kinds of problems are "operator error" and not system problems unless more than one thing is not working right.