New printers compatible with Windows 2000

Guv Bob

Dec 26, 2013, 9:15:17 PM12/26/13
My printer went out and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being. No new printers I saw today had Win2000 listed in their specs. All are for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Anyone know how to connect Win2000 computer with one of those printers, or any other low dollar printer? Or where to find a decent older printer?

These are the printers I saw today, all for XP and later....

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

Before USB, I used a Canon BJC-5100 for years until it wore out. I would be happy with simple printer like that one.

Guv Bob

Dec 27, 2013, 5:17:26 PM12/27/13
Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up <5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

jbclem3

Jan 8, 2014, 5:49:42 AM1/8/14
You'd be much better off going to a printer forum like
www.fixyourownprinter.com where there are a lot of people using older
computers who should be familiar with the Windows 2000 drivers.