Re: Configure a GPO (machine/user) for a specific computer

Mark Renoden [MSFT]

Sep 1, 2004, 7:14:52 PM9/1/04
Hi

You're talking about user policy which is being applied to the user account
and is independant of the computer account. ie the user settings follow the
user.

To overcome this you could use a separate OU for the shared computers and
create a GPO that has the same computer settings as the original GPO but no
user settings. You'd then set policy loopback:

231287 Loopback Processing of Group Policy
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"Richard Lapointe" <Richard Lapo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3E78EF49-5FB4-48E5...@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> On my network (2003 server and XP computer), I have configured GPO to
> activate some parameters in computer and user environment.
>
> But some computer are shared. On these computers, I don't want to applied
> user configuration GPO. For example, if an user logged on his computer,
> password is set for savescreen. If the same user logged on a shared
> computer,
> password is not set for savescreen.
>
> Can I do that? If yes, How?

bseshi...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2012, 12:18:35 PM9/2/12

The Galaxy S2 was recently announced as

the manufacturer's best selling

smartphone, and is fast becoming the

handset of choice for those who are

looking for an alternative to the iPhone

4S.
.http://latestmobileforyou.blogspot.in/