How do I only allow certain web sites with GP?

Jim in Cleveland

Jan 27, 2010, 8:44:09 AM1/27/10
Is there a way thru GP that I can allow only certain web site to a group of
computers?

Mark Heitbrink [MVP]

Jan 27, 2010, 8:58:02 AM1/27/10
Am 27.01.2010 14:44, schrieb Jim in Cleveland:
> Is there a way thru GP that I can allow only certain web site to a group of
> computers?

No. That´s a job a proxy should do.

--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
Discuss : www.freelists.org/list/gpupdate

Jordan

Jan 31, 2010, 5:10:31 PM1/31/10

This will only work for IE, but you could enalble the Proxy server settings
and fill in a dummy address for the proxy server. In the bypass section you
can enter the addresses that are OK.

"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" <spam...@gruppenrichtlinien.de> wrote in message

Mark Heitbrink [MVP]

Jan 31, 2010, 5:20:46 PM1/31/10
Am 31.01.2010 23:10, schrieb Jordan:
> This will only work for IE, but you could enalble the Proxy server settings

Proxy = Server, central managed != Proxy Settings Clients.

Proxy Settings on CLient are totally stupid.

Mark