Big Bertha Thing electron

Tony Lance

Jun 12, 2011, 12:44:50 PM6/12/11
Big Bertha Thing electron
Cosmic Ray Series
Possible Real World System Constructs
http://www.bigberthathing.com/electron.html
Access page JPG 53K Image
Astrophysics net ring Access site
Newsgroup Reviews including soc.history.what-if

Round photographic plates.

Caption;-
Showing a track left by a cosmic ray electron,
in a magnetic field of 12,000 oersteds.
The energy of this electron is 8 MeV,
very low for a cosmic ray,
but much higher than that of any electron
ever ejected, by a gamma ray from a natural
radioactive substance.

From a book by
J.D.Stranathan Ph.D.,
Professor of Physics and Chairman of
Department, University of Kansas.
The "Particles" of Modern Physics.
(C) Copyright The Blakston Co. 1942

Big Bertha Thing noah

When its raining cats, dogs, kitchen sinks,
the lot. The time to start worrying is when
you see a guy building an ark.

Pastures is mathematical ark,
to negotiate a sea of numbers,
with Outlandish PPT by Structure,
as the first of many rainbows.

(C) Copyright Tony Lance 1997.
To comply with my copyright,
please distribute complete copies, free of charge.

Tony Lance
tony...@bigberthathing.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From: Tony Lance <jude...@bigberthathing.co.uk>
Newsgroups: swnet.sci.astro,sci.space.policy
Subject: Re: Big Bertha Thing redoubt
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:37:41 +0100

Big Bertha Thing adversity

Milton (1644) from The Liberty of Unlicensed Printing.

First, when a city shall be as it were besieged and blocked about,
her navigable river infested, inroads and incursions round,
defiance and battle oft rumoured to be marching up
even to her walls and suburb trenches;
that then the people, or the greater part, more than at other times,
wholly taken up with the study of the highest and most important
matters
to be reformed, should be disputing, reasoning, reading, inventing,
discourcing, even to a rarity and admiration,
things not before discourced or written of,
argues first a singular good will,
contentedness and confidence in your prudent forsight,
and safe government, Lords and Commons;
and from thence derives itself to a gallant bravery and well-grounded
contempt
of their enemies, as if there were no small number of as great spirits
among us,
as his was, who when Rome was nigh besieged by Hannibal, being in the
city,
bought that piece of ground at no cheap rate
whereon Hannibal himself encamped his own regiment.
Next, it is a lively and cheerful presage of our happy success and
victory.
For as in a body, when the blood is fresh, the spirits pure and
vigorous,
not only to vital, but to rational faculties,
and those in the acutes and the pertest operations of wit and
subtilty,
it argues in what good plight and constitution the body is;
so when the cheerfulness of the people is so sprightly up,
as it has not only wherewith to guard well its own freedom and
safety,
but to spare, and to bestow upon the solidest and sublimest points of
controversy,
and new invention, it betokens us not degenerated,
nor drooping to a fatal decay,
by casting off the old and wrinkled skin of corruption to outlive
these pangs,
and wax young again, entering the glorious ways of truth and
prosperous virtue,
destined to become great and honourable in these latter ages.
Methinks I see in my mind a noble and puissant nation rousing herself
like a strong man
after sleep, and shaking her invincible locks;
methinks I see her as an eagle nursing her mighty youth,
and kindling her undazzled eyes at the full mid-day beam;
purging and unscaling her long-abused sight at the fountain itself of
heavenly radiance;
while the whole noise of timorous and flocking birds,
with those also that love the twilight, flutter about amazed at what
she means,
and in their envious gabble would prognosticate a year of sects and
schisms.