DNS effect on changing IP addressing scheme

Larry

Sep 6, 2009, 4:34:17 PM9/6/09
Hello Everyone,

I am working on a network where I need to change the IP addressing
scheme from a 172.16.x.x network to a 10.x.x.x network. We are using
Windows Server 2003 Active Directory DNS and have about 600 users with
about 45 servers. What all do I need to be concerned with as far as
DNS. Will everything just re-register with the DNS server
automatically or do I need to do some configuration on the DNS
server.
Thank You,

Larry

Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]

Sep 7, 2009, 1:22:49 AM9/7/09

Hello Larry,

Start with the DCs with DNS installed, change the ip address, run ipconfig
/flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns, then reboot or restart the netlogon
service. After that check DNS zones for the new correct settings. Then go
on with member servers and assuming that you use DHCP reconfigure the scope
options. You should do this if possible at close of business times.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

Message has been deleted