joining a W2kPro computer to a W2K server

diveman75

Nov 4, 2004, 1:34:18 PM11/4/04
Reload one of my computer and tried to rejoin it to the domain and now it
says "the network path was not found". But if i use a name that is in use by
another computer it says that i can't cause its already in use.
Please help

Denis Wong @ Hong Kong

Nov 9, 2004, 2:13:01 AM11/9/04
See if these help.

"Network Path Not Found" Error Message When You Try to Add Workstation to
Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285182

Errors Message When Attempting to Join a Windows 2000 Domain
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258500

BR,
Denis

Ace Fekay [MVP]

Nov 9, 2004, 10:31:27 AM11/9/04
In news:15166387-D771-44A8...@microsoft.com,
diveman75 <dive...@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented
below

This is usually indicative of using an external DNS or some other DNS server
that is not hosting the AD zone name, (such as an ISP's), in the machine's
IP properties. It's imperative that all machines part of an AD domain are
ONLY using the internal DNS server that AD and the other machines are using.
This should be true for ALL machines part of an AD domain (DCs, member
servers, clients, etc). If an external DNS is used, that does not have the
answer to "where is my domain?", since that data is only stored by the
internal DNS. Use a forwarder for efficient Internet name resolution.

Ace

shujau...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2013, 3:39:56 AM11/26/13
Please assign a static IP address and use the domain DNS. Hope this will resolve your issue just it did for me.