Service pack install

1 view

Eoin O'Beara

Aug 7, 2003, 8:11:46 AM8/7/03
Hi all,
Can anyone let me know what the command line options are
for SP4?

Thanks,

Eoin.

Ritchie

Aug 7, 2003, 8:38:41 AM8/7/03
"Eoin O'Beara" <eoin_o'be...@colpal.com> wrote in message news:03c601c35cdd$124c6470$a001...@phx.gbl...

> Can anyone let me know what the command line options are
> for SP4?

I could do, but give a man a fish...

Run the service pack file with the help switch, like this:-

W2KSP4_EN.EXE /?

And in a few moments you'll be presented with a message box. While the
message box has got the focus (its title bar is blue, not grey), then you
can copy the on that message box into the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C. Once
it's in the clipboard you could paste it into Notepad and print or save it.

--
Ritchie

Ray at <%=sLocation%>

Aug 7, 2003, 4:08:14 PM8/7/03
Ritchie,

Could you please complete that saying about the fish? I cannot remember,
and now I can't get it out of my head. :] I know I've heard it before,
although I may be thinking of the inch/mile one. So, if you give a man a
fish, what will he ask for? A school? An ocean? A shark?

Thanks,

Ray at work

"Ritchie" <qiournvdlirh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mark V

Aug 7, 2003, 4:09:24 PM8/7/03
Ray at <%=sLocation%> wrote in

> Ritchie,
>
> Could you please complete that saying about the fish? I cannot
> remember, and now I can't get it out of my head. :] I know I've
> heard it before, although I may be thinking of the inch/mile one.
> So, if you give a man a fish, what will he ask for? A school? An
> ocean? A shark?

[ ]

Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

Or something quite similar. Author unknown.
It's all about learning how to find an answer (valuable) vs. being
handed a solution (speedy). :-)

Ray at <%=sLocation%>

Aug 7, 2003, 4:25:59 PM8/7/03
Ah, yes! Thank you Mark V (Lincoln?)

Ray at work

"Mark V" <inv...@notvalid.net> wrote in message

Mark V

Aug 7, 2003, 4:36:46 PM8/7/03
Ray at <%=sLocation%> wrote in news:uEU8dISXDHA.2236
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Ah, yes! Thank you Mark V (Lincoln?)

He may have spoken it...
Most sources say "Chinese Proverb" and author (name) unknown.
...way back there some long time ago.

"Ah so" :-)

Herb Martin

Aug 8, 2003, 4:51:06 AM8/8/03
> Could you please complete that saying about the fish? I cannot remember,
> and now I can't get it out of my head. :] I know I've heard it before,
> although I may be thinking of the inch/mile one. So, if you give a man a
> fish, what will he ask for? A school? An ocean? A shark?

He already gave you the fish, here is a fishing pole:

Run this search at Google: (the result claims Lao Tzu [loutseh] )

[ give man * fish ]

Of course you know about searching and google, the point is
the wildcard * for "any word" -- google doesn't do 'stemming'
(e.g., fish* for fishes or fishing or fishion <grin>) but it does
do wild cards in phrases and these don't count in the "10 word
limit" which is important for sayings and phrases that might be
long or have really common words in them.

Oh, you get (the fishes):

Famous Quotes - Lao Tzu - Give a man a fish...
... Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and
you feed
him for a lifetime. ... Give a man a fish... - Govern a great nation as...
www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/q121559.html - 20k - Cached - Similar
pages

inessential.com: Weblog: Comments for 'Give a man a fish...'
... search : rss : ranchero Give a man a fish... Give Bill Gates a fish,
and he'll buy some tartar sauce to go with it. Teach Bill ...
inessential.com/?comments=1&postid=2249 - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Give a Man a Fish...
Give a man a fish... The Original. "Give a man a fish; you have fed
him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed ...
www.amatecon.com/fish.html - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

Give A Man A Fish...
... Give A Man A Fish... Remodel an old saying, (+15, -8), "Give a man a
fish, and
you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life." ...
www.halfbakery.com/idea/ Give_20A_20Man_20A_20Fish_2e_2e_2e - 34k - Cached -
Similar pages

Give a man a fi...@Everything2.com
... Give a man a fish. (idea) by prole (1.2 wk) (print), ? ... Fri Feb 23
2001 at
20:34:30. The saying goes "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. ...
www.everything2.com/ index.pl?node=Give%20a%20man%20a%20fish - 34k -
Cached - Similar pages

PNG : Ok Tedi : GIVE A MAN A FISH.....
Home >> Publications >> Oxfam Horizons >> January 1996 >> GIVE A MAN A
FISH.....
Jeremy Hobbs reports on a slap in the face for the Big Australian. ...
www.caa.org.au/horizons/h15/fish.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

Editorial - Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, Teach ...
scuba, scuba dive, divers, scuba divers, scuba PADI, PADI, Grand Cayman,
Cayman
Brac, Scuba Instructor, Editorial Give a man a fish and you feed him for a
day ...
www.exploreuw.com/editorial.htm - 69k - Cached - Similar pages

Arrested Development - Give A Man A Fish Lyrics
LyricsDepot.com. Lyrics > Arrested Development Lyrics > Give A Man A Fish,
Find: Link to Us Webmasters! Like this song? ... Give A Man A Fish Lyrics.
www.lyricsdepot.com/arrested-development/ give-a-man-a-fish.html - 7k -
Cached - Similar pages

Give A Man A Fish T Shirt from Save2Much.com
... ""Give a man a fish and he has fish for a day. Teach a man to fish
and he has to buy bamboo rods, graphite reels, monofilament ...
www.save2much.com/buy/search/Give_A_Man_A_Fish_T_Shirt - 14k - Cached -
Similar pages

[DOC]".give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
File Format: Microsoft Word 2000 - View as HTML
УЕgive a man a fish and you feed him for a dayЕ. teach a man to fish and you
feed him for lifeЕФ. Handling Scripture The Relevance of the Old Testament.
www.beginningwithmoses.org/library/ot.doc - Similar pages

And 10 or more pages of this stuff....

SunSpot

Aug 8, 2003, 8:56:05 AM8/8/03

> Ray at <%=sLocation%> wrote in news:uEU8dISXDHA.2236
> @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
>
> > Ah, yes! Thank you Mark V (Lincoln?)
>
> He may have spoken it...
> Most sources say "Chinese Proverb" and author (name) unknown.
> ...way back there some long time ago.
>
> "Ah so" :-)

Mark, I think Ray was thinking along the lines af a
"Lincoln Mark V" automobile with your name. ;-)

Ray at <%=sLocation%>

Aug 8, 2003, 9:05:53 AM8/8/03
Yes, exactly, although I'm not a big fan of the Mark V. Mark VII and VIII,
yes! (No offense, Mark V, the person. :])

Ray at work

"SunSpot" <anti...@qklo.nil> wrote in message

Mark V

Aug 8, 2003, 3:22:48 PM8/8/03
Ray at <%=sLocation%> wrote in

Still OT and this is my last post. (and no offense taken)

And I was thinking of the oft-quoted former President (USA), who I
could well imagine having used such a quotation... :-))