ConnectServer using impersonation token

rawprogrammer

Oct 20, 2008, 4:35:48 AM10/20/08
Hi.

I'm trying to connect to a remote computer in C++, using
`IWbemLocator::ConnectServer` method. The hosting process has no
permissions to connect, but the current thread is impersonated to a
powerful user. The call fails (error code is 0x80070005). In the
Security Event Log of the remote machine I can find the authentication
request, and the username is the process' user (not the impersonatd
user).

I've tried to create a new process (Using CreateProcessAsUser), and
then all works. It's not good enough because I must do it in the
current process.

It looks like the problem is in the underlying DCOM layer.

Can someone help?

<UNKNOWN>

Dec 20, 2008, 9:34:40 AM12/20/08

"rawprogrammer" <rawpro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<UNKNOWN>

Dec 21, 2008, 9:47:58 PM12/21/08

<UNKNOWN>

Dec 21, 2008, 11:44:16 PM12/21/08

sleekmou...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2012, 7:54:03 PM10/10/12
i realize this is quite old, but any look with this issue?